Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A new project


Within days of stumbling across the website for Hauptwerk virtual organ software (http://www.crumhorn-labs.com) and after spending hours tracking down everything I could find about midiizing an organ console, I made arrangements to purchase the console of an Allen 1203 three manual organ. The amps, power supply and sound generation units were gone. The manuals, pedals, stop tabs appear to be in good shape. My plan is to hook up midi encoders to each of them, purchase a dedicated computer, Hauptwerk and an appropriate pipe organ sample set, hook up a sound system and see what we have. Sounds simple, so why do I expect complications. Here is a picture of the console.

I am looking for advice on midi encoder cards. There seem to be several types and systems available. Anyone with experience with any particular system, please let me know.

No comments: