Friday, April 25, 2008

Back in the Saddle



Sorry for the long gap since I last posted. A lot travel kept me from doing as much as I would have liked to do. But I am back in the saddle. The manuals and thumb pistons are all wired to the serial input boards. I won't wire the toe pistons until I put the manuals back in the console because they are going into the same input board as the thumb pistons.

It took a while to figure out which wires out of several hundred could be disconnected from the stops. I hope I got it right. Anyway the stop rails are out of the console and on the worktable. The main switch wires are all bundled and attached to a wire wrap board. I will transfer them one at a time to the serial input boards. Then the real work, soldering leads to the magnets on each stop switch, so I can wire them to the magnet controller boards that I just received from Artisan Instruments. http://www.artisanorgans.com. I expect that wiring to take several weeks of my spare time.

In the meantime, I have purchased on ebay an Adcom 5 channel amplifier (130 w. per channel), a Motu micro lite midi usb interface to get the signals into the computer and a Focusrite Saffire firewire audio interface to get up to 8 channels out of the computer to the amplifier(s). So I am ahead of schedule for buying gear, if not in wiring up the inputs.

No comments: