Monday, March 24, 2008

Work


Now I feel like I have started the project in earnest. I went to work on wiring the first manual. A quick continuity check to find out which wires were which, showed me that nothing was simple. Allen certainly had a reason for wiring the low C to pin 35 on their connector board. C# was 37 and all was well for a few keys. Then they jumped to a different numbering sequence. About an hour with the multimeter and I had a map of the wiring for the swell. Another couple of hours and all of those wires had been transferred to the Artisan Instruments serial board.

The next evening and about 2 1/2 hours later, the great was hooked up. Now I am halfway done with the choir manual.

When the third manual is done, I will wire up the thumb pistons, then move back to the garage to connect the wires for the pedalboard. Fortunately the pedals switches are magnetic reed switches. Hooking them up should go smoothly.

No comments: