Monday, March 17, 2008

Spoke Too Soon


The easy part? Not quite. I mistakenly thought removing the wires would be simple because I could find bundles of wires from each of the manual, pedals etc. going to pc boards on the organ console.
Allen had done a magnificent job of bundling the wires, wrapping them every two or three inches with nylon ties and affixing them neatly to the console with wire ties. Unfortunately, the neatly wrapped bundles often were commingled with bundles from other parts of the organ. To get them apart meant disconnecting the ties and untangling wires from different sources. Very doable but it took a few hours more than I anticipated. In the end I had to disconnect the toe piston wires from the wire-wrap connection board to which they were attached. Hopefully I can visually follow them from the switches to attach them to the input cards. I was able to save the pedal wires attached to their wire-wrap board. So the numbers are still available to reattach to the input cards.

Quite a few miscellaneous wires are still dangling from the console. Most of them will not be needed for the midi installation.

No comments: